Wednesday, August 13, 2014

LARGE INTESTINES Anatomy


1. ANATOMY
The  colon  starts in the right lower abdomen and  completes  its
course  as an inverted C to end in the left lower  abdomen.   The
further  course is in the pelvis (pelvic colon) and continues  as
the rectum and anal canal.

1.1 ARTERIES + LYMPHNODES
The  cecum, colon rectum and pronimal anal canal  receive  their
arterial supply from branches of superior and inferior mesenteric
arteries, both are branches of the aorta (fig 19.1)  anastomosis
between  the  branches  from  a  continuous  marginal  artery  of
drummond the distribution of lymph glands is shown in fig 19.2.

1.2 CECUM

This  is the first part of the large intestines and Ileum end  in
it.   There  is an ileacecal muscular valve to  prevent  flow  of
local contents into the ileim.  The diameter of the cecum is  7-9
cms.   The appendix is placed at the medial posterior  aspect  of
the cecum.

Colon
Motility of the colon is aimed at providing maximum contact to the chyme (500-1500 per day) to the absorptive colon mucosa the final residue of 50-100cc the proximal part of colon provides surface for absorption of water and the distal half storage of fecus the motility is segmentation and bag like haustration.

Mass movement is a modified prostates that occurs 15 minutes after morning breaking fast. These mass movements in the colon occur as a result of gastro colic and duodenal colic reflex.

Colonic irritation can also cause mass movement this is seen in case of ulcerative colitis.


1.3 ASCENDING COLON

It  extends upwards from the cecum to reach the under surface  of
the  liver here it bends (Hepatic flexure) to course  transversly
access the upper abdomen as the Transverse colon.

1.4 TRANSVERSE COLON

This part of the colon starts at the hepatic flexure and ends  at
the splenic flexure in the left upper abdomen.  It measures 35 to
50  cms. in length.  It is a mobile portion of the colon  and  is
immobile at the hepatic and splenic flesures.

1.5 DESCENDING COLON

Proceeds  downwards from the splenic flexure, measures 20-25  cms
to end in the pelvic colon.

1.6 PELVIC COLON

It  is also called the sigmoid colon it is curved in the form  of
an  S and its length is variable from 10-30 cms. it ends  in  the
upper part of the rectum

Any questions be sent to drmmkapur@gmail.com
All older posts are stored in archives for access & review.
Visitors that follow may post contributions to the site,please write to address above.
To create consumer/provider engagement visit www.drmmkapur.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Choosing the type of surgery is a very difficult decision. At first, I was adamant about saving my breast. I didn't want a mastectomy, let alone saying that horrible word. Because I had cancer for 3 years and the cancer was invasive, my doctor recommended a mastectomy. However, since the tumor reduced in size after chemotherapy, my doctor allowed me to choose a lumpectomy. There were two things that helped me with my decision to have a mastectomy. 1 - I was so sick from the chemotherapy that I didn't want to take a chance of getting cancer again. 2 - I met several breast cancer survivors that had Dr Itua Herbal treatment which washed all their tumors and then the cancer didn't come back. Due to my age and wanting to have more kids, I decided to reduce my chance of recurrence by choosing a mastectomy so I go ahead to try Dr Itua herbal treatment which I undergo for weeks and today I am having 4th kids as I ever wished. I'm very happy with my decision today. No matter the type of cancer and stage of the cancer, it's best to discuss with Dr Itua oh yes you can mail him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com he cures the following disease as well parkinson,als,ms,diabetes,lupus,hpv,herpes,cold sores,hiv/aids,menstrual cramp,pregnancy medicine, and other deadly disease they all free of side effect.

    ReplyDelete